Saturday 7 November 2009

4 weeks of absolute craziness

Day 1. Just a bit of an introduction. I am going to Australia in December, and the plan is that Daniel is staying in the UK as he has a great job here. I decided to book a Topdeck trip for 19 days, going from Barcelona to Prague to do by myself. So, as my tour starts in Barcelona on Sunday 11th October, I decided to spend a few extra days in Spain and explore for myself. Flights were cheap to valencia, so thats where I have come. I flew out of Stansted at 530 pm, and luckily from Hertforshire it was about 2 hours on a bus, so I got there with plenty of time to spare. After a 2.5 hours flight, I arrived and had to get my way to the hostel. Luckily they had given very good directions and I found my way easily. I had to take the metro, or train from the airport, and well, I will say its the cleanest train system I have ever come across. From the station, it was a short walk top my hostel and I arrived around 10pm. I was checked into my room, an all female dorm sharing with 2 other girls. They were both in bed when I arrived so I had to rummage around my stuff in darkness til I found my phone. I went to the roof to hoppefully meet some people and got chatting with an italian guy and also a british guy. They were friendly enough and gave me some tips on where to go in valencia. They also said 2 nights wouldn't be enough. No problems sleeping or anything, though I was a bit scared about being in a single bunk on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment