Sunday 8 November 2009

Valencia Beach

Wanting to make the most of the warm weather, I decided to spend the day at the beach. I took a train and tram to get there. It was just lovely, a proper sand beach and crystal clear blue water. There were so many people sunbaking, that were so brown, and also many topless women and men in barely there g-strings. I hired a deckchair for the day and spent a few hours lying in the sun. I got a massage for 5 euros. I had a quick dip in the water, it was really nice. I did get a bit more burnt than I had anticipated, but it was very relaxing anyway. When I returned to the hostel, there was a parade about to start as part of their independence celebrations. I went to the street to watch it, and they had heaps of really cool costumes- problem was, the parade went for 3 and a half hours. And, it kept repeating itself. These Valencians surely do know how to make a celebration last a long time!!







No comments:

Post a Comment